As we were riding in the shuttle bus up the canyon, Andrew and Alex held up their hands and said "click." They were "taking photos."
Andrea and Jacob, with Lucy (their daughter)
We hiked up to the Emerald Pools trail, then came down the "back way" where this vista presented itself. I'd never done that side of the hike.
Lisa and I with her daughter, Laura. Laura cried ALL night that first night and Lisa and her husband took turns driving the child up and down the canyon and out to Rockville and back, to no avail. They only stayed one night.
Going under the ledge of the first waterfall on the Emerald Pools trail.
(I stole this photo from Kristen-thanks!)
Under the ledge of that waterfall.
I love this row of diagonal plants in the seam of a rock. This is on the way to the Virgin River Narrows trailhead.
Chad talks to some of the cousins as we pass each other on the trail.
Throwing rocks.
The river is running high this year, and swift.
A quiet moment for Andrew at the trailhead to the Virgin River Narrows trail.
Feeding time at the Eastmond camp site. We all combined to take care of the meals (signing up on a Google Doc--we are so progressive!) One of the running jokes is how long it takes to cook the Dutch-oven meals. But this year--a record! Nick explains:
Nick's son John in his Mountain Man coat--he was like a pied piper to all the children, who liked to visit his teepee.
Camp scenes, with the teepee that John set up.
Janice, Bruce and I got up one morning early and drove through the tunnel to upper Zion to take some photos. No one was around, so we could pause and look out the tunnel windows.
Reflections in the puddle near Watchman Campground (where we camped).






















No comments:
Post a Comment