Happy Spring!

![]() |
| Wisteria underneath Elizabeth's study window |


Well, if we can slide the end of March into the mix, April's news includes a day at Disneyland for the grandparents ("Grandpa and Grandpa" as Alex calls us, and "Grandma and Grandpa with the Big Stairs" as Keagan calls us), Chad and Kristen's family, David and Barbara's family. We missed Peter and Matthew, et al. (maybe next spring?) Photos to follow.Dave's off to Germany, I'm off to Utah. Dave's presenting/conducting a seminar on cancer-related things, and I'm presenting myself to parents, for fun and chats and visiting. When I return, the dreaded Research Papers will be turned in, and Dave's quarter begins in earnest. Then it's a race until September--I'm already tired.
The garden's been planted--the tomatoes in the round circle where the birch tree once stood, and which has never filled in with grass (Barbara said it looked like someone was buried there, as I interplanted my nine tomato plants with burnt orange marigolds). Marigolds, as the folk wisdom goes, helps keep away nematodes, and since I planted some heirloom tomatoes that are not resistant, here's hoping it works. Beans (Italian and blue bush) went in today in the back planter boxes. Okay, enough boring stuff.
The reality is we like boring at our age--no car crashes, injuries, diseases, trauma--we leave that stuff for the younger generation and try to concentrate on the newest film that Netflix has brought: Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and Les Choristes (wonderful!).

No comments:
Post a Comment