October 9, 2011
More on Cousins Weekend--Friday
Friday morning and already Riley has made his bed. The airplane quilt is his baby quilt that I made for him. It's fun to see it in use.
I showed Keagan my Halloween glasses.
So then, everyone had to try them on.
Maddie gets her hair combed and styled every morning, but usually within an hour, she has pulled out the rubber bands. That morning she came in to see me and told me that "mommy cut my hair with a knife." No, she hadn't. When Maddie got up from her nap, Barbara styled her hair into a pony tail, and I took photos.
What did we do that day? Errands, shopping, visiting and a run over to the local park. I showed up a little later, and Maddie ran across the park to greet me. (love this) She took my hand to take me back to her mother and as we passed two other grandmas and little children, Maddie said to them, "This is my grandma." I was in heaven.
Keagan has learned how to do cup-stacking, where there's a system for creating pyramids and a system for collapsing them. The fascinating thing was her explanation of how many cups to grab and how to stack them. I loved watching her, but of course, like all fleeting moments, didn't capture it on video (I'm waiting for her mother to do that).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Wish we were a part of all the fun and action! Although, we are creating a lot of it over here too. :) I love the pics of Barb and Madi. I just can't get over how much they look alike. Crazy! Tell Barb Hi.
The amazing talent of the cup-stacker is exceeding only by the cuteness of those three grandkids. (Their cuteness trumps that cup talent by a mile.)
Post a Comment